almond oil, aloe vera gel, arm, back, bleach, buttermilk, citric acid, coconut water, cooling agent, face, feet, gram flour, hands, home remedies, honey, lemon, lemon juice, lime juice, milk, milk powder, multani mitti, natural, natural color, neck, oats, papaya pulp, rose water, sun tan, sunscreen, tan, turmeric
Here are some of the most popular and effective home remedies and methods to remove that horrid sun tan.
You can apply these natural packs to get rid of the tan from your face, arms, hands, neck, back and feet the natural way. These age old home treatments need at least a week of regular use to obtain noticeable results against the tan and to get your natural color back.
We tend to use fairness cream which contain bleach that are harmful to the skin in the long run and should be avoided.
– A mixture of lemon juice, rose water and cucumber juice should be applied on the face as a face pack. Lemon juice is citric acid that helps remove the tan and the cucumber and rose water are cooling agents.
– Mixing together some honey and lemon juice and applying it on the affected area can be one of the best anti tan pack mixtures.
– Preparing a paste of some raw milk, turmeric and some lemon juice. This mixture should then be applied on the skin and be allowed to remain till it dries up. Thereafter, it should be washed with some cool water.
– Prepare a mixture of oats and buttermilk. This mixture should be rubbed onto the tanned area as the oats will help in exfoliating the skin and on the other hand the butter milk is known to be extremely soothing for the skin.
– Mixing together some gram flour, lime juice and some curd on the affected area on a regular basis gives best results against tanning.
– Applying some fresh lemon juice and allowing it to remain for at least 15 minutes on the elbows, knees or patchy areas helps remove the tan and making it fair.
– A regular use of fresh coconut water on the hands and face is known to be very effective in getting rid of a tan as well as making the skin supple and soft.
– Aloe Vera gel is an excellent remedy for taking care of dark tans. It will lighten the skin in as little as a week, if applied everyday to the affected area. However, aloe has the property of making your skin photosynthetic and can darken it if you go out in the sun without sunscreen lotion. This makes it important to remember to use sunscreen every time you go out.
– A cream with equal parts of milk powder, lemon juice, honey and almond oil can be applied and left on for 20 minutes. This will help lighten your tan. You can store this for about a week and use it thrice daily for best results.
– Apply a paste made with turmeric powder and lime juice thrice a week. This will lighten the skin colour considerably and remove the tan.
– Soak almonds overnight and grind them into a fine paste the next morning. Add equal quantities of milk cream to the paste and apply on the affected area to make the skin fair.
– Apply a paste of oatmeal, yogurt, a few drops of lime and tomato juice. Wash this with cold water after half an hour and see the difference.
– Mash the papaya pulp and massage the sun tanned area. Papaya is excellent for the skin and also helps in anti-aging.
– Combining ash gourd juice with multan mitti and applying it all over the face helps reduce the tan considerably.